The NC Early Education Coalition created this award in 2021 to honor and recognize individuals who have gone above and beyond in their efforts to advocate on behalf of young children, their families, their educators, and the early childhood system in North Carolina.
This award will be presented to one individual in each of the following categories:
- an early education teacher
- an early education center director/administrator/owner
- a family child care provider
- a parent
- a community leader
We encourage you to nominate individuals who have been champions for early education in your community or at the state level! The criteria for selection include:
- Raising awareness about issues impacting early education. This can include sharing personal experiences through traditional media or social media, organizing other advocates around early education issues, speaking at events such as town halls or community meetings, and other forms of communication and public awareness.
- Informing and connecting with policymakers to increase their awareness of issues impacting early education.
- Taking direct action to advocate with policymakers for the needs of early educators, child care programs or young children and their families.
Nominations for the Outstanding Early Education Advocate Award will be accepted until Friday, October 6th.
The awards will be presented at the Child Care Heroes event on November 8th.